Cyber Protect and Prevent Officer
CYBER PROTECT / PREVENT OFFICER
REGIONAL CYBER CRIME UNIT
BASED IN VICINITY OF JUNCTION 27, M1
GBP27,519 to GBP29,307 pa (pro-rata for part-time)
37 hours per week - flexible working applications considered
The East Midlands Special Operations Unit (EMSOU) is a collaborative team uniting specialist officers and staff from the region's five police forces in tackling major crime, and serious and organised crime.
The Regional Cyber Crime Unit conducts investigations and operations into the most serious incidents of network based organised criminal activity in the East Midlands region.
This is a new role working as part of a national network of Protect and Prevent Officers. The aim of the role is to reduce the overall impact from Cyber Crime in the East Midlands through development of innovative operations and programs.
The role is split into two specialties around the Prevent and Protect strands as defined under the Serious and Organised Crime Strategy. The Officer will have responsibility for delivering either the Prevent or Protect elements of the profile, as outlined in the Job Description / Person Specification. The specific strand will be designated upon recruitment.
Applicants are required to meet all the essential criteria for the role which includes:-
- A working knowledge of Cyber Crime and an interest in Technology
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Computer Misuse Act as well as those offences associated with the commission of serious organised crime
- Ability to work with minimal supervision through the East Midlands Region;
- Academic or Industry qualifications in cyber security, computer science or computer forensics;
- Demonstrate ability to work in the cyber and digital environment and knowledge of the practical challenges this presents;
- Ability to understand detailed technical procedures projects and policies;
- Excellent verbal communication skills, be able to adjust your communication style to meet the needs of the audience;
- To be computer literate;
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and the ability to operate under pressure;
- Ability to understand detailed technical procedures, projects and policies;
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and be willing to travel through the East Midlands Region; and
- Achieve and maintain SC and MV vetting.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 8 th October 2017 at 23.55.
Applications must be submitted on the online application form by using the Apply button on the vacancy page.
Leicestershire Police is currently implementing the Hay Group Job Evaluation scheme for all police staff roles where Leicestershire is the employer. Therefore the advertised grade on the role may be subject to change. This is likely to be completed by December 2017 and if there are any changes to the grade they will take effect from this date.
EMSOU is committed to the principles of Equality, Fairness and Diversity, and we welcome applications from all sections of the region in our efforts to recruit a diverse and flexible workforce that reflects the region we serve.