Tech Supervisor (Birmingham/Solihull)
Tech Supervisor required for an Award winning global Quality Management Company - must have previous experience from supervisory/managerial background with experience in automotive/manufacturing environment.
Our client is headquartered within an iconic building in the Castle Bromwich area and requires a confident Supervisor with a technical background and passion for quality to join their skilled team on a permanent basis on a client site in Solihull.
- Organise the hour-to-hour function of the project or area ensuring their teams work in a rigorous professional safe and effective manner.
- Responsible for the Setup of Customer projects ensuring the contract agreements are clearly documented and formally agreed.
- Use Technical experience and disciplines ensure that complex projects that require specialist equipment, skill-set, tools, jigs, fixtures and technical drawings are set up robustly.
- Plan inspection and organise the resources required to ensure the section targets are achieved.
- Ensure that all the inspectors are trained and capable of doing the required activities.
- Ensure for each project that the Inspectors are equipped with the correct tooling, personnel protective equipment and materials to carry out the required activities in accordance with the Test Plan
- Assure product quality by defining the required labelling, material flow, and product handling/packing disciplines in the Project Test Plan and set up. All uninspected [stop], passed [OK] and failed [NOK] product is clearly labelled and segregated in the workplace.
- Ensure that the required Project paperwork [eg Daily Reports, Tally Sheets] is completed on time and to the required standard for all projects under their control.
- Maintain the ongoing inspectors' compliance to the Project Test Plan by conducting the required layered audits and immediately addressing any deviations identified with appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure a clear and effective communication within the team, to staff and with the client Quality/Manufacturing support teams. Advise Customers' Supervisors/team leaders clearly of all the relevant concerns identified during the ongoing inspection activities.
- Ensure a high standard of inspector attire/appearance and housekeeping is maintained consistent with the Group standards.
- Support the Shift Manager in the recruitment, induction, appraisal, and development of the Inspectors.
- Maintain and report on the competitor activities at the location providing Sales Leads on work done by competitors.
- Support the Group's continuous improvement culture by supporting the team on creation of improvement suggestions and their implementation.
- Overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of mechanical/electrical systems and their installation and repair methods.
- Time served Apprentice or relevant mechanical/auto Electrical qualifications (minimum NVQ Level 2).
- Good people management and motivational skills.
- Proficient at MS Office suite, especially Excel.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- The ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads.
- Read/understand various electrical/engineering drawings.
- Ability to work from CAD drawings, read and understand requirements and provide alternative solutions if required.
- Day to day problem solving and answering/resolving any queries.
- Full responsibility in assuring project meets the Customer demands/requirements.
- Flexible to work across x3 shifts.
- Happy to do overtime when required.
If you think you match the specification above and would like to be considered for this role, please send an up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss your application.