Systems Developer - City of Wolverhampton College
- Full Time
Systems Developer - Information Technology Department
Responsible to: Infrastructure Engineer
Customer focused support and development of ICT infrastructure.
Grade of post: SO 1 / 2 SCP 26-31 (26,528 - 30,765) per annum
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Based at either Wellington Road Campus or Paget Road Campus but will be responsible for all sites and therefore will be required to travel across all sites.
To develop and maintain systems and interfaces. Provide support for all computer servers and related equipment across all college sites.
- To develop, support and document in house systems and interfaces using standard development tools, such as Visual Studio.
- Develop new systems to provide efficiencies through automation for repetitive tasks and processes.
- To contribute to the effective provision of network and server services for all staff and student users in line with service standards.
- To set up, develop, implement and support new and existing core services and systems both proprietary and open source. Providing training where necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of a robust and secure infrastructure. Monitor and control access to all ICT resources.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a robust and secure backup, business continuity and disaster recovery policy.
- Provide management reports to demonstrate compliance with SLAs.
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers.
- To achieve year on year improvements in service performance, reliability and efficiency within the quality improvement framework for the College.
- To check goods received and provide advice on equipment required.
- Manage individual performance against agreed targets, budgets, and within policies and standards.
- Work closely with the IT Manager, Infrastructure Team and Desktop Support team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the College's Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
The College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of learners and expects all who work with or on behalf of the College to share this commitment. All roles within the College therefore are subject to DBS regulations.
The College considers that the job holder for this role should have a DBS Enhanced OTHER disclosure.