Head of Contact Centre
GBP45,000 - GBP54,450 per annum Plus 26 Days' Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days' Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Childcare Voucher Scheme (subject to statutory tax rules), Additional Benefits Package
Great Britain's gambling industry is in a constant state of change, fuelled by shifting consumer behaviour and the rapid growth of technology. It's high profile politically too, and the legislation controlling gambling is constantly under scrutiny. Within this uniquely challenging and evolving environment, The Gambling Commission's role is to ensure that gambling is crime free, fair and open - and that children and vulnerable people are protected. Now they need you to play a key role in their future, driving the change needed to ensure that the Gambling Commission can meet the growing complexity of the market and their developing regulatory remit.
The Gambling Commission are now looking for a Head of Contact Centre to join their team in Birmingham and oversee their Contact Centre function.
If you are a high calibre customer service, complaints handling or contact centre professional, this is an exciting opportunity to take on an integral role with one of the UK's leading regulatory bodies.
As the Head of Contact Centre, you will manage the resources and staff of the Commission's Contact Centre function.
Effectively managing workstreams, you will drive the performance of your team, always keeping the voice of the customer in mind. You'll be a role model for the Commission's behaviours and support their organisational culture and ways of working.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead, motivate and provide guidance to your team
- Ensure the most efficient use of your own and others' time
- Contribute to the strategic planning, direction and leadership of the Contact Centre workstreams
- Support change and continuous improvement strategies
To be considered, you will need experience of the following:
- Working in a senior management role in a customer service, complaints handling or contact centre environment
- Managing and developing staff to improve business performance and staff potential and effectively addressing performance and other disciplinary issues
- Providing strategic leadership, including identifying underlying problems and their causes, developing solutions and initiating and supervising work to address them
- Managing and embedding change
- Developing, maintaining and making best use of effective stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally
- Working in a regulatory environment or similar, with the ability to make risk-based decisions
- Developing and managing business process systems
As the Head of Contact Centre, you must be professional and well presented with great leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate a team.
Please note, the closing date for applications is the 7th September 2017.
To apply for the role of Head of Contact Centre, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Head of Contact Centre, Senior Contact Centre Manager, Contact Centre Operations Manager, Customer Service Director, Head of Customer Service, Senior Customer Service Manager, Customer Services.