Network Engineer - City of Wolverhampton College
Network Engineer - Information Technology Department
Responsible to: Infrastructure Engineer
Customer focused support of IT and AV resources.
Grade of post: SO 1/2 SCP (GBP26,528 - GBP30,765) per annum
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Based at either Wellington Road Campus or Paget Road Campus but will be responsible for the service across all sites and therefore will be required to work across all sites.
To provide Level 2 and Level 3 support for all data networking equipment, servers and related equipment across all college sites.
- Set-up, configure and upgrade as required data networking equipment, servers and other related equipment.
- To contribute to the effective provision of networked services for all staff and student users in line with service standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a robust and secure network system. Monitor and control access to all networked resources.
- To manage and deliver projects on time and within budget using recognized project management methods.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a robust and secure backup, business continuity and disaster recovery policy.
- To develop and support in-house software developments.
- Work to agreed SLAs within the framework of the IT Service Desk.
- Proactively monitor and report on the performance of networking equipment, servers and services.
- Provide management reports to demonstrate compliance with SLAs.
- Liaise with external contractors, suppliers and other third parties.
- To achieve year on year improvements in networked services performance, reliability and efficiency within the quality improvement framework for the College.
- Supervise, when required, placement and work experience students. Mentor and assist in the development of IT Apprentices.
- Manage individual performance against agreed targets, budgets, and within policies and standards.
- Work closely with the IT Manager, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Team and members of the ICT team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the College's Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
The College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of learners and expects all who work with or on behalf of the College to share this commitment. All roles within the College, therefore, are subject to DBS regulations.
The College considers that the job holder for this role should have a DBS Enhanced OTHER disclosure.