Regulatory Transformation Analyst
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
The role of the Regulatory Transformation Analyst is to provide oversight and implementation of Regulatory change programmes with specific focus on trigger events that flag accounts to review.
Implementing a range of regulatory and Risk activities which impact across all Commercial Banking (CMB) markets.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Assist the Regulatory Transformation Manager with the completion and reporting of de-risking activities across CMB
- Assist the Regulatory Transformation Manager with stakeholder management ownership of CMB's first line of defence Financial Crime relationship with the Monitor and the various Group Regulators, working closely with Financial Crime Compliance (FCC)/Reputational Risk Committee (RRC) and other second line of defence stakeholders.
Additionally, your responsibilities will be to:
- Identify regulatory change and potential impacts on Global CMB Business Model
- Actively engage in the development and implementation of programmes to quantify impacts of regulatory changes on Global CMB
- Develop and implement actions to address, manage and mitigate impacts of regulatory changes on Global CMB
- Implement policies which ensure CMB's exposure to current and emerging regulatory risks are managed appropriately, in a commercially focused and practical manner
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders within Global CMB, other Global Business and Functional teams to provide expertise support on regulatory changes related matters
- Implement process and change management to support a customer focus business operations
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Ensure the appropriate timely and relevant information is provided to CMB management, Risk Management Committee and CMB Risk Committee
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Extensive experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Global Standards, Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Front-line CMB is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within an analytic role and an understanding of financial data
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. CRT, RRT, CDD is desirable but not essential
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Experience of making timely and rational decisions, based on relevant information and experience
- Experience of planning and prioritising their own time effectively, aware of their responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently
- Supported project teams/managers, showing an understanding of the basic principles of project management
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
The base location for this role is Calthorpe Road Birmingham.
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.