Administrator - Logistics
Job Title: Logistics Administrator
Salary: Up to GBP9.50 per hour (40 Hours per week)
Keywords relating to this position include; transport admin, logistics, haulage, administration
A global manufacturing business are looking for a strong, motivated Administrator to join their transport department at their large facility in Yardley.
Reporting directly into the Transport Manager, you daily duties will be:
- Answering and responding to all incoming calls in a prompt and polite manner.
- Ensure all internal/external customer queries or concerns are dealt with in a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
- Fleet maintenance
- Liaising with network depots ensuring the smooth operation of the transport department. -
- Ensure all inbound/outbound paperwork is completed promptly and accurately monitor and chase documentation in support of the transport and workshop operation.
- Undertake administrative and filing duties to meet needs of the Transport Department.
- Check and process Transport invoices
- Ensuring compliance documentation is maintained and updated on a regular basis.
- Assisting with booking servicing and maintenance of vehicles.
- Support compliancy officer in the collection of outstanding Tachographs records from drivers.
- Manage vehicle weekly fuel report, ensuring that any anomalies are reported if required.
- Record drivers' mileage onto the appropriate database if required
- Engage all external and internal customers by communicating in a friendly and professional manner ensuring that a good impression is maintained at all times.
The hours of the role will be 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
The ideal candidate will have experience of doing Administration within a transport office, or have some logistics knowledge. You must be able to multi task and work under pressure as the office can be extremely hectic, you must have basic skills on Microsoft excel and have an easy going but professional manner.
This role offers an excellent immediate position, with a high level of responsibility, combined with superb prospects for development within the company.
If this is you, please apply by sending your CV to or calling Sarah on .
Ideal living locations include; Birmingham, Solihull, Small Heath, Yardley, Sheldon, Sparkhill, Marston Green, Aston, Tyseley.