Health and Safety Advisor - Heavy Civils
Health & Safety Advisor | Birmingham| Roads, Highways & Viaducts/ Bridges | Civil Engineering |
Salary - GBP35,000 - GBP45,000 + Package
- Do you have experience in Health, Safety, Quality or Environmental?
- Do you have experience in the Civil Engineering Sector, such as Viaducts, Bridges or Highways?
- Do you hold a NEBOSH or IOSH
If so, please apply for an excellent opportunity to work with a leading civils Main Contractor.
* Assist the SHESQ Management in the implementation of Group SHESQ Management Systems
* Provide SHESQ advice and support to employees.
* Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (SHESQ) matters in conjunction with the SHESQ function
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHESQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required
* Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the SHESQ Plans
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences
* Previous experience in a similar role/organisation
* Experience of working on Heavy civil engineering projects
* Relevant SHESQ Membership (E.g. IOSH, IEMA, CQI)
* MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please contact Daniel on:
Alternatively email your CV to:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.