Customer Service Tone & Style Support Manager
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
As the Customer Service Tone & Style Support Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and embedding how we change the tone and style of our communications to customers, with a focus on being human, humble and humorous and collaborate with Quality teams to ensure quality results look at not only process and outcome, but ownership, tone and empathy.
You will also act as Subject Matter Expert to support development of relevant training and coaching interventions with the support of required HR and PX teams to ensure our Team Managers and Customer agents are focused on empathy.
- Embed an approach to delivering enhanced bedside manner across ownership, tone and empathy across the Customer Service function and Distribution more broadly.
- Ensure continuous improvement of service levels in terms of our human approach to customers, continuously evolving this to enhanced levels.
- Shape and communicate an approach to ensure customers feel valued and understood when interacting with Customer Service and our Distribution channels.
- Challenge Customer Service to role model service standards excellence in tone, style and bedside manner.
- Embed an ethos of constantly improving how we speak to our customers and raise the bar for service excellence.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and reflects the brand.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of customer proposition, expectation and satisfaction that the function supports.
- Influence the business areas to agree and implement enhancements to how we talk to customers that aligns with our Service Strategy.
- Simplify policies and procedures for our people in terms of tone of voice, to empower our people to deliver excellent customer service.
- Drive improved service and greater satisfaction using insights and innovation driven by what our customers and others expect with focus on both financial services and other industries
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
You will be a passionate advocate of customer needs and apply the Customer Service vision principles to all elements of the role:
- Demonstrated delivery of customer focused communication tactics, including tone and empathy.
- Ability to identify service gaps in customer communication and approach, with ability to coach up for service enhancement and improvement.
- A role model of Customer Service excellence - with a proven record of championing customer needs.
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers.
- Excellent judgment and a demonstration of being decisive and tenacious.
- Strong understanding of competitor set both across financial services and broader service industries & ability to utilise knowledge to deliver a step change for customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in influencing and negotiating with peers and superiors, liaising with external customers and the community.
- Sets and achieves challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field.
- The ability to self-start, to think creatively.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences