Customer Service Enhancement Lead
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
As a member of a newly reorganized management team, the Customer Service Enhancement Lead is expected to be a strong contributor to the customer centred cultural environment of the team.
You will be responsible for managing the development of our customer service strategy at a cross function level with the key aim to continuously evolve this to enahnced levels. You will also manage and mitigate operational risks for Customer Service RBWM. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the 'Three Lines of Defence' - it is impreritve that you understand your position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- To support the key imperative of UK RBWM to empower our people to deliver excellent Customer Service.
- Lead the development of a customer service strategy including defining standards for service excellence.
- Team management is of 2 FTE, with expectation that the team will divide understanding best service practices from within financial services and outside of financial services.
- Work effectively and successfully across a matrix environment to influence senior stakeholders and other customer groups.
- Innovate, challenge and lead constant evolution of service standards.
- Condense complex information/data into key priorities to champion across Customer Service and Distribution.
- Work with multiple delivery and business partner teams.
- Work in a dynamic environment where change is constant.
- Demonstrate the success of initiatives where sometimes clear metrics are not available.
- Drive improved service and greater satisfaction using insights and innovation driven by what our customers and others expect with focus on both financial services and other industries.
- Champion the voice of our customers within Customer Service to drive changes in standards and aspiration to consistently enhance service standards, evolving benchmarkets for excellence
- Taking account of external industry changes (e.g. CMA) in the development of a service strategy, and making this tangible across Distribution to embed what it means for our people and customers in terms of a service strategty.
- Recruit, develop and lead a small team and setting a customer focused culture.
- Ensure both own and employee conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of customer proposition that the function supports.
- Stay abreast of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Influence the business areas to agree and implement service & processes which reflect the strategic fit, customer sensitivity, volume, and P&L impact.
- Align with Digital teams to utilise and maximise digital opportunity.
- Drive initiatives which enhance customer service and support increased revenue, retention and develop broader customer relationships. In areas such as: staff development, customer communication or internal process improvement.
- Promote channel of choice and best in class customer service.
- Establish clear view of external market benchmarking and opportunities to develop strategies consistent with customer insight
- Ensure close and effective working relationships with key stakeholders across RBWM including Marketing, CVM and key Distribution teams including all Customer Facing teams and People Experience.
- Support and deputise for Head of Customer Service as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
The Customer Service Enhancement Lead, along with all leaders within the team, need to be a passionate advocate of customer needs and apply the Customer Service vision principles to all elements of the role:
- High energy, self-starter with particular emphasis on inspiring and motivating others
- A lateral and visionary thinker with the ability to generate innovative solutions to drive customer focused strategies and define service standards.
- A cultural change agent with proved experience of leading complex enhancement initiatives across an organization.
- Excellent judgment and a demonstration of being decisive and tenacious.
- Exhibits strong commercial acumen in understanding competitor activity in the local/national market and recommending solutions
- Ability to interpret diverse management information and use effectively to tell a customer focused story.
- Ability to navigate Global and local strategic imperatives, and to reinterpret with a customer lens.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in influencing and negotiating with peers and superiors, liaising with external customers and the community whilst promoting the bank's profile within the community through marketing and public relations activities.
- Understanding of external market trends and ability to interpret, anticipate and utilise to HSBC's advantage
- A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Skills of building effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- A role model of Customer Service excellence - with a proven record of championing customer needs.
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers.
- Sets and achieves challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field.
- The ability to self-start, to think creatively,
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Strong interpersonal skills.