Customer Service Enhancement Manager
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
As a member of a newly reorganized management team, the Customer Service Enhancement Manager is expected to be a strong contributor to the customer centred cultural environment of the team.
You will be responsible for supporting & embedding the development of a customer service strategy including defining standards for service excellence. You will drive improved service and greater satisfaction using insights and innovation driven by what our customers and others expect with focus on both financial services and other industries.
- Embed customer service strategy at a cross function level with the key aim to continuously evolve this to enhanced levels.
- Define service standards across all customer facing channels including Customer Service for the benefit of customers as identified from complaints and customer insight.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and reflects the brand.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of customer proposition that the function supports.
- Stay abreast of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Influence business areas to agree and implement service & processes which reflect the strategic fit, customer sensitivity, volume, and P&L impact.
- Align with Digital teams to utilise and maximise digital opportunity.
- Embed initiatives which enhance customer service and support increased revenue, retention and develop broader customer relationships. In areas such as: staff development, customer communication or internal process improvement.
- Champion improved service and greater satisfaction using insights and innovation driven by what our customers and others expect with focus on both financial services and other industries.
- Taking account of external industry changes (e.g. CMA) in the development of a service strategy, and making this tangible across Distribution to embed what it means for our people and customers in terms of a service strategy.
- Ensure conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Support & deputise for the Senior Customer Service Enhancement Lead as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
You will be a passionate an advocate of customer needs and apply the Customer Service vision principles to all elements of the role:
- Self-starter with emphasis on inspiring and motivating others
- An ability to generate innovative solutions to drive customer focused strategies and define service standards.
- A proven experience of embedding enhancement initiatives across an organisation.
- Excellent judgment and a demonstration of being decisive and tenacious.
- Strong commercial acumen in understanding competitor activity in the local/national market
- Ability to interpret diverse management information and use effectively to tell a customer focused story.
- Ability to understand business imperatives, and to reinterpret with a customer lens.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in influencing and negotiating with peers and superiors, liaising with external customers and the community whilst promoting the bank's profile within the community through marketing and public relations activities.
- A flexible and adaptable style with experience of developing yourself and others
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Skills of building effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- A role model of Customer Service excellence - with a proven record of championing customer needs.
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers.
- Sets and achieves challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field.
- The ability to self-start, to think creatively,
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Strong interpersonal skills.