Business Intelligence Analyst (part time)
What is in it for you?
* Be part of a team which supports the SRA's strategy and informs operational decision making.
* Work alongside SRA departments to develop and maintain analytical products
* A varied workload
* Opportunity for professional development
The Business Intelligence (BI) team takes the lead in extracting complex regulatory data and operational performance data. The team produce high quality analytical products that inform decision making and drive the performance of the SRA's functions.
As a BI Analyst, you will be solving reporting problems by extracting, analysing and interpreting data from a variety of sources. You will produce reports, summaries and briefing notes. You will present statistical analysis to a range of audiences. Your findings and considerations will guide regulatory policy and operational decision making. You will also be comfortable advising stakeholders and providing specialist technical advice on data management and BI reports.
You will have a high level of IT skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with an understanding of VBA. You will be confident analysing and manipulating large data sets and have a good understanding of data management packages. You will also have experience querying relational databases and writing structured query language (SQL).
What we are looking for
* Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent work experience.
* Experience of working in an analytical role and managing large datasets.
* Experience of coding in structured query language in particular T-SQL.
* Experience of a range of statistical and analytical methodologies and the use of data management packages (SSRS, SSMS and Business Objects).
* Ability to produce data analysis, reports and provide advice on technical data
* Track record of working collaboratively to implement long term technical projects
* Excellent IT skills
* Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
* Pro-active and able to make own decisions.
Salary: GBP19,743 pro rated
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter. Please ensure that your CV and covering letter clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.