3 days left
- Full Time
Everything we do here at Praxis Care centres around making a difference to the lives of people living with learning disabilities, mental ill health, acquired brain injury or dementia and to do this, we have a team of exceptional care and support workers. We are the largest care providing charity in Northern Ireland and also have large operations across Republic of Ireland, England and Isle of Man, employing over 1400 staff.
Are you passionate about supporting those most vulnerable in our society?We currently have the following vacancy within Learning Disability Services:
FULL TIME - PERMANENT
Salary: £32,294 - £37,839 per annum
Working with Praxis Care can be deeply rewarding, satisfying and challenging. If you are enthusiastic, motivated, resilient, flexible, and compassionate, with a passion for supporting people and ensuring that our service users enjoy the highest quality of life then we want to hear from you.
At Glenfield & Melton Projects, we pride ourselves in the excellence of the care and support that we provide to children and young people with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviours and/or complex health care needs between the ages of 6 and 18.
To be considered for this role you must meet the essential criteria listed below:
- Professional qualification in Social Work OR First Level Nursing AND at least 3 years' post qualification paid work experience to include 1 years supervisory experience in residential care.
- Candidates with a Social Work qualification must be registered on appointment, on the appropriate part of the HCPC register, without condition.
- Candidates with Nursing qualifications must be registered on appointment, on the appropriate part of the NMC register, without condition. OR
- NVQ Level 4 Leadership & Management for Care Services/ QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for HSC & CYP Services (Children and Young People's Residential Management) (England) with at least 4 years paid work experience relevant to residential care of children to include 2 years supervisory experience in residential care. OR
- NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Children's Workforce/ Residential Care with at least 5 years' paid work experience in a children's residential setting for mental health and/or learning disability field to include 3 years' supervisory experience and management of staff in a care role.
Any successful candidate who does not already hold the QCF Level 5 in Leadership for HSC and CYP Services (CYP Residential Management) (England) must be willing and able to complete this qualification within 2 years of appointment.
- Ability to manage people and scheme resources.
- Sound knowledge of needs of people with learning disabilities and complex health care relevant to residential care of children.
- Ability to maintain administration and communication systems.
- Ability to liaise with statutory and voluntary health care professionals and agencies.
Please apply by clicking the apply button for further information.
Apply for Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly