Cathy Stephens Jewellery is a busy family business of many years standing situated in the village of Groby, which is easily accessible and has plenty of parking.
The role is currently being completed in 20 hours per week. We suggest 9.30 to 1.30 although we can be flexible with hours, however we would require daily attendance at the premises in the am.
Good working knowledge of Sage 50.
Experience of running Payroll, ideally with experience of IRIS.
Excellent telephone manner
Competent user of Excel and Word
Good standard of English
- Check bank balances each morning. Transfer money between accounts as necessary.
- Update sales report in Excel
- Update cash flow spreadsheet.
- Post takings to Sage 50.
- Open post and distribute as appropriate
- Post supplier invoices to Sage 50.
- Reconcile bank.
- Deal with all supplier communications, telephone and email.
- Answer phone when sales staff busy and take messages.
- Check supplier statements, deal with queries.
- Pay suppliers. Liaise with Director, prepare cheques for signing. Post payments to Sage.
- Balance petty cash
- Update monthly sales reports and distribute
- Run payroll on IRIS software. Approx. 10 employees over two companies.
- Upload pensions reports onto The People’s Pension website.
- Reconcile Credit card statements.
- Prepare VAT Returns for both companies and file with HMRC.
- Prepare management accounts for Director
Apply for Book Keeper
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly