- Flexible Hours
Excellent opportunity for a Microbiology quality manager within an international Food/Water testing lab!
This is a permanent opportunity paying between GBP30,000- 50,000 per annum
Search Scientific consultancy is a recruitment partner to an international water/Food testing company who are looking for a Microbiology quality manager to join their team based in Wolverhampton. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a desirable employer, where the successful individual will be responsible for managing quality aspects of Microbiology lab
- Responsible for the maintenance of UKAS accreditation (and other accreditation where appropriate) for the Food and Water Testing Laboratories (ISO 17025) listed above and the Certification Body (ISO 17065). Ensure that the requirements of UKAS, business and customers are met within the scope of the accredited laboratory or Certification Body
- Act as the primary contact for UKAS on all matters of accreditation relating to testing for sites detailed above and Certification Body
- To attend external audits by UKAS, other regulatory bodies and customers and to ensure that corrective actions are completed and submitted to the relevant body within the timescale required
- Report up to Head of Quality, without delay, any issues affecting quality in the laboratories and Certification Body
- Support the individual departments/site with preparation of validation plans and reports, procedures and other documentation and submissions for Extension to Scope
- Ensure that the Quality Manual and associated procedures and documents, including laboratory methods are maintained up to date, reflect current practice and group objectives for the relevant accreditation. Amendment and re-issue of all documentation as necessary
- Lead internal auditing to ensure it is carried out effectively and in accordance with audit plans
- Monitor nonconformities raised; ensure timely and effective corrective actions. Escalate progress on nonconformities and corrective actions to Site Managers in a timely manner
- Responsible for annual Quality Management Reviews and Monthly Quality Meetings with Laboratory Management in the relevant areas ensuring that outcomes are effectively managed and progressed
- Train laboratory staff in quality inductions, ISO17025, ISO17065, relevant retailer requirements and auditing where applicable
- Support with timely investigation of customer complaints and other sources of non-conforming work
- Degree in chemistry /microbiology or related discipline and relevant experience of quality systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Food Microbiology / chemistry laboratories accredited to ISO17025/M&S /Tesco and ISO17065
- Proven track record and experience in working within laboratory and quality function
- Good IT skills, word, excel, LIMS & pivot tables.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven track record in people management responsibilities, in particular with technical staff.
If your skills match the above and you are interested in this position , then please apply online or contact Pabudu on or Email to
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.