National Account Manager
Job Title: National Account Manager
Reporting to Sales Director
The Retail team
The role is within our Retail team; where our customers purchase large volumes of a small number of Goods Not For Resale (GNFR) lines, mainly delivered in bulk to a single or multiple Distribution Centre(s).
The products supplied are specific to each customer and vary from plastic bags, paper bags and food packaging to hygiene paper and till rolls. Products are supplied through our own in-house manufacturing in the UK and Malaysia, as well as through 3rd party supply partners in the Far East, Europe and the UK.
Our customers include, large grocery retailers, Food-to-Go retailers as well as many high street names
As a National Account Manager you will be responsible for the quick turnaround of enquiries and the fast and effective issue resolution for small number customers. With a broad range of categories available to you, you will be accountable for developing the revenue and profitability of your account portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include
- Understanding your customer's wants and needs and prioritising your efforts accordingly
- The delivery of revenue and profitability targets through the successful retention, management and growth of an existing account portfolio
- Building commercially viable pricing based on industry knowledge and assumed costs
- Operational delivery through effective internal communication and follow up
With a stronge sense of customer service and the ability to work at pace, you must possess a proven track record of managing National Accounts, preferably within GNFR Supply Chain for Retail customers.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual with the ability to think independently and who takes ownership. You will need to be resilient to deal with pressurised situations and demanding customers. Calmly assertive, you will possess strong emotional intelligence, commercial acumen and charisma.
- A minimum of 5 years in a customer facing Account Management role
- Working in / supplying a retail environment
- Knowledge of packaging / bag manufacturing would be preferable
- Consistently delivering agreed customer KPIs and SLAs
- Accurate analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management both internal and external
- A successful and consistent record of delivering to targets and deadlines
- A track record of delivering innovation and profitable growth
- PC Literate, MS Office, competent Excel skills
Basic: £Competitive + performance related bonus + benefits
Although the account portfolio will be grouped to try and best suit individual stakeholder personalities and geographies, portfolios can change and this position of National Account Manager very much covers the UK.
Candidates should be clear that significant amounts of travel may be required and candidates must be prepared to work from our Head Office in Yardley, Birmingham on a regular basis.
Please send your cover letter, CV and work examples by clicking apply
Apply for National Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly