Senior Practitioner - Birmingham
A salary of up to GBP40,000 + terrific benefits
An "Outstanding" rated and regionally based large Independent Fostering Agency require a Senior Practitioner to join their dynamic and expanding fostering team where there is a great scope for career progression.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to be fully committed to the role and organisation and possess and infectious personality. This organisation invests heavily in their staff to manage the work and monitor the performance of their team which offers a comprehensive service to foster carers, children and young people.
- A senior fostering social worker?
- A driven individual?
- Passionate about Fostering?
- Mileage 0.35 ppm
- Competitive annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
- On-site parking
- Sick Pay and Leave
- Brand new offices
- Other terrific benefits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying a caseload and to provide supervision and support to allocated carers
- Supervising a small team of Social Workers
- Being responsible for updating Form F's and identifying key information which must be included in the professional development of foster carers
- Identifying foster carers training needs
- Helping to represent the views of foster carers and ensure that matters of concern are addressed as speedily as possible
- Providing an effective connection between the carer and the staff employed by UK Fostering
- Experience of working as a Qualified Social Worker within Fostering
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- An excellent working knowledge and understanding of the current legislations and frameworks relevant to Children Social Care, Fostering and Adoption including the Children's Act 1989 and its application to Social Work practice
- Experience of being a Senior Social Worker and/or managing a team of Social Workers
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence and have access to a vehicle to travel to other areas.
- Be willing to participate in an out of hours' rota and undertake assessments
CLOSING DATE: ASAP
Want to apply?
Please follow the instructions on this website, or alternatively contact Jamil Olweny on or via email for further details