Agency Decision Maker / Responsible Individual - Fostering
A small and established West Midlands based IFA require an Agency Decision Maker / Responsible Individual to support, lead and monitor their quality standards and compliance in line with Ofsted's requirements around the IFA framework.
This role is for 2 days per week (ongoing) on a day rate basis.
Brief over view of responsibilities:
- To contribute to the development of a high quality fostering service
- To share responsibility ] for monitoring the Agency's policies and procedures, ensuring that they are properly implemented in practice, and that the Agency' systems and practice comply with UK legislation, the UK National Minimum Standards, and the Fostering Service Regulations.
- To contribute to the planning and development of the service.
- To undertake the role of Agency decision maker, making objective, robust decisions on behalf of the Agency.
- To ensure that Foster Panels function effectively.
- To ensure that regular file audits are completed
- To take a lead role in developing and monitoring the Agency's policies and procedures, social work and foster care policies and procedures, including Health and Safety in relation to foster carers' homes and organised activities.
- To keep abreast of developments in fostering and measure the Agency's performance against its own key performance indicators and objectives as well as against government/local authority KPI's and performance frameworks.
- To understand and contribute to a cycle of continuous improvement.
You will need to be child focused and regularly check on the progress of the children living in the homes. You should ensure that you are aware of young people's success and not solely focus on inspection success. You should have an active role in representing and championing the needs of children placed and the service you provide. This will involve engaging in more senior level discussions with others to ensure the expectations of Regulation 5 are met.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker / HCPC registered
- Staff supervisory experience
- Substantial experience of providing services for looked after children.
- Extensive knowledge of legislation, regulations, guidance and standards that relate to the provision of fostering services for children in England.
- An understanding of the role of independent fostering providers, their relationships with local authorities and the market environment in which they operate.
- An understanding and experience of quality management systems.
- An ability to analyse complex information, and provide written evaluations to staff and managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and sustain positive professional relationships.
Renumeration is to approx. GBP300 / day
For further information around the role and organisation, please contact Harriet Connolly on / /
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children's social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: with a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.