Fleet Engineering Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join East Midlands Trains as the Fleet Engineering Manager. Working for the Head of Fleet Engineering this position will lead the Fleet Engineering team based in Derby. Ensuring that all proposed modifications to the rolling stock in the in our rail vehicle fleet, comply with all mandatory and best practice standards and legislation.
The Fleet Engineering Manager will:
- Scrutinise and approve proposed modifications to the rolling stock in the EMT rail vehicle fleet, ensuring that these comply with all mandatory and best practice standards and legislation.
- Lead technical and engineering investigations in the event of serious or potentially serious incidents occurring.
- Ensure that all significant industry engineering incidents are reviewed and recommendations acted upon in a timely manner and closed out, including preparation of reports for other industry bodies as required.
- Review all relevant industry, national and international engineering standards and ensure they are adequately implemented.
- Ensure EMT procedures are correctly adhered to by sub contractors and ensure that both internal and independent technical audits are carried out to validate compliance with all relevant industry, national and international standards. Ensure actions are put in place to remedy any deficiencies.
- Provide statistical information and reports to the Board, customers and other industry bodies as required.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers with regards to best practice application of standards and practices.
- Ensure that accurate and complete Safety Related Defect Reporting, engineering and safety KPIs are reviewed for both performance and safety. Ensure remedial actions are taken as required.
- Ensure maintenance records and certification is in place for all EMT rolling stock and depot plant and equipment.
- Deputise for the Head of Fleet Engineering when required
We are looking for a motivational leader with the ability to get the best out of our Engineering teams. You will be a Chartered Engineer with an electrical or mechanical qualification and have a strong proven background in traction and rolling stock.
Ideally you should have experience of working in a management positions in either technical or operational roles, with experience of the rail industry as well as sound understanding of risk assessment principals applicable to the management of technical risks.
You should possess great analytical skills together with cause and effect awareness with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels, both within and external to the company.
It would be beneficial to hold PTS but this can be provided. This position carried an On Call commitment.
The successful candidate will enjoy a wide range of benefits including a defined benefit pension scheme and free travel on the East Midlands Trains network. You will also receive subsidised travel across the rail network with other train operating companies.
To apply please complete the online application form and upload your CV. As we operate a blind screening process please remove all personal information including your name from your CV.
To find out more about working life at East Midlands Trains you can visit eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/careers.
W e welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds , we promote equal opportunities for all. East Midlands Trains is a non-discriminatory employer committed to the recruitment and promotion of all on the basis of ability and merit irrespective of disability, race, gender, health, social class, sexual preference, marital status, nationality, religion, employment status or age. We'll treat your application fairly and assess you for the job based on merit and skills.