Senior Manager, Conduct and Transformation - HSBC UK CEO office
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and exceptional individual; who is customer centric and puts customer at the heart of all activity to join the team. The Senior Manager role is based within the UK Conduct, Transformation and Ring Fenced Bank team which forms part of the Executive team reporting into the CEO, HSBC UK. They will have responsibility for a range of cross-business projects and initiatives involved in establishing HSBC UK and implementing the UK2020 strategic plan.
The job-holder will report to the UK Head of Conduct, Transformation and Ring Fenced Bank and will be expected to lead key strategic, cross business and regulatory projects including Conduct, HSBC UK culture programme, PSD2 and Data Management as well as other key initiatives in support of the UK 2020 strategy. The successful applicant can expect to work closely to with the UK ExCo and Senior Leadership team and business/function heads within the bank. You will be responsible where appropriate to provide strategic direction, outlining plans and mobilising discussions with key stakeholders across various business functions to define appropriate next steps helping HSBC UK to achieve the end goal in a timely and cost efficient manner. The job-holder where appropriate will be expected to write reports, board papers and conduct presentations in order to progress key initiatives. The role provides significant exposure to the core UK leadership team and role is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to be involved in defining the make-up of the newly formed HSBC UK. The role also requires the individual to lead and work across multiple high profile regulatory projects at any given time offering tremendous breadth of experience.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience of driving exceptional customer service.
- Outstanding interpersonal abilities including excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills in order to work closely with senior UK executive management.
- Strong understanding of the UK regulatory environment and project management, able to navigate their way through complex and business critical issues by drive, skill and determination.
- Experience of leading projects and initiatives under their own direction; delivering complex business projects in UK and/or internationally
- Ability to produce executive/ board papers to a very high standard
- Ability to resolve critical business/financial issues impacting the delivery of the project and/or business
- Ability to manage and resolve high profile priorities
- Degree level qualification and evidence of further learning through their career
- Extensive experience of project management of complex multi-disciplinary programmes
The base location for the role is the new HSBC UK Head Office in Birmingham.
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.