Job Title: Finance Assistant (Maternity Cover) (Ref: FA/MC)
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: c. £20,000 pa
Job Position: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 19th September 2017
Our client (a well-established charitable care provider in Olton, Solihull) currently has a vacancy for a full time Finance Assistant to provide maternity cover at Mason Court in Olton. Initially offered as a fixed term six month contract, but with the possibility of it becoming permanent.
You will support the Accountant in maintaining the financial ledgers of the Trust and facilitate the smooth operation of systems and procedures.
Main duties include:
- Maintain purchase ledgers on a daily basis by matching orders and delivery notes to invoices, liaising with budget holders to ensure documentation is authorised, coding and posting invoices, paying suppliers by BACS/cheque and reconciling purchase ledger control accounts.
- Maintain the sales ledgers on a daily basis by raising monthly sales invoices, receiving and banking cash and cheque contributions etc. and keeping accurate records of receipts and reconciling sales ledger control accounts.
- Maintain the rent ledger on a daily basis by posting receipts.
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- To check, balance and reimburse petty cash floats.
Benefits include: Contributory pension, flexitime scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
- You will already have reasonable experience working in a similar role, maintaining computerised financial ledgers using Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Excel.
- Ideally you will be part AAT qualified and have excellent time management skills, accuracy and be a good team player.
- You will have effective communication skills and be able to communicate with people at all levels including residents, staff and suppliers.
- Our client occasionally require a flexible attitude to your working hours.
- As the post involves working with vulnerable adults, an enhanced DBS check will be taken up for successful candidates by the Trust.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply for this role please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with the experience of: Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Cash flow Controller, Foreign Exchange, Credit Control Finance Assistant, Finance Coordinator, Accounts Manager, Finance Manager will be considered for this role.
Apply for Finance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly