Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager, Stoke-on-Trent
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
£20,000 ‐ £25,000 per annum
Have you recently completed your AAT studies or studying for CIMA and are looking for that next step in your career? Alternatively, you may possibly have worked for some years as an accountant and are at a stage in your career where work-life balance and job satisfaction within a company that has a great working atmosphere are as important factors as salary to consider when choosing a role.
A family run rapidly growing and diverse business involved in the retail, manufacture and contract hire of minibuses is looking to bring on board an Assistant Finance Manager to work alongside the Managing Director.
As a new position reporting directly to the managing director, your role will be hands-on initially with even some batch inputting into Sage. Your main/eventual responsibilities nonetheless will be:
- Produce weekly stock and cashflow reports
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are implemented and maintained across the business to minimize risk
- Support the Managing Director in implementing cost reductions and improving finance controls, processes and reports
- Review and improve purchase ledger procedures
- Analyse, control and authorise ad hoc, weekly and monthly payment runs for suppliers
- Support Finance Assistants with all general queries/discrepancies
- Oversee and check bank reconciliation
- Support the Managing Director with production of quarterly management accounts packs including balance sheet / nominal code reconciliations, intercompany transactions, and calculating accruals and prepayments
- Be willing to become involved in any area of the business where efficiency or profitability can be improved
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for review
- Control monthly payroll and eventually bring the payroll process in-house from current external supplier
- Ensure the accurate management and timely submission of all relevant tax returns and account filings,
- Year end processing.
- AAT qualification
- Accountancy experience or working towards CIMA
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and proven analytical skills
- A strong team player as well as being able to meet targets as an individual
- Be motivated and have strong communication skills
- Possess a friendly, confident and engaging personality
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of Sage software
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Our premises are located in Knypersley and will be ideal for candidates located in Biddulph, Chell, Brown Edge, Endon, Tunstall, Talke and surrounding areas.
If you feel that you have what it takes to be an important part of our team please email your CV.
Apply for Assistant Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly