Care & Support Worker
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a real difference to the communities that we support? We now have fantastic opportunities for Care & Support Worker(S) to join our Extra Care Service at Penmakers Court, Smethwick.
Title: Care & Support Worker
Job Ref: 3144
Location: Penmakers Court, Smethwick
Salary: £15,454 per annum (full time equivalent)
Contract Type: Permanent or Casual Contracts Available
Working in Extra Care you are responsible for the day to day care & support of our Older People ensuring that individuals' needs are assessed and met through a person centred care and support plan whilst maximising independence and quality of service. As a Care & Support Worker you will provide personal care, carry out domestic duties, activity planning and involvement, updating care and support plans along with providing an active support to our customers.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for delivering quality services to vulnerable people
- Are able to demonstrate empathy whilst enabling people to maximise their independence
- Are able to offer close personal care, for example assistance to support bathing
If you are a supportive, dedicated & customer focused individual and want to make a difference in your local community, then we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and benchmarked with the market
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays rising to 30 days after qualifying period
- Childcare vouchers
- Shopping & leisure discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular tailored training & personal development plans
- Free Disclosure and Barring Service check
Closing Date: 15th September 2017
We reserve the right to close this advert before the advertised date if deemed necessary.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, for example large print, more information can be found on our website
Midland Heart aspires to be a digital organisation that minimises its impact on the environment. Wherever possible, we will conduct transactions digitally rather than by paper and ask that current and future employees share this commitment. Where required, we will support colleagues to be digitally enabled.
No agencies please.