Peripatetic GCSE Tutor - English
Peripatetic GCSE Tutor - English
Location: Various Centres
Salary: £20,000.00 - £30,000.00 per year
Job Start Date: asap
Application Closes: Pending Submission
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: Peripatetic GCSE English July 17
Hours of Work: 08.30 - 16.30
We are looking for an enthusiastic Peripatetic GCSE English Tutor to work at/cover our Derby, Burton, Chesterfield and Leicester centres.
You will be helping people to improve their lives. We provide great training, opportunities for progression, not to mention great job satisfaction.
Job Outline and Purpose
• To work out of multiple centres to deliver GCSE English qualifications·
• To deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups
• Contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention
• To safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• To deliver excellent engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students
• To plan and deliver training that covers the curriculum and standards for GCSE qualifications and builds on students' skills/knowledge gaps
• To develop, support and mentor tutors to develop their literacy teaching. To share best practice with other GCSE tutors.
• To conduct and use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals.
• To plan and deliver excellent teaching, learning and assessment that meets criteria and standards for GCSE qualifications and builds on students' skills/knowledge gaps
• To assess readiness for GCSE exams and predict grades
• Invigilate exams and mark functional skills exam papers as appropriate
• Ensure that student attendance and retention targets are met, with absences robustly followed up
• To complete all required documentation in accordance with laid down procedures to meet both contractual and internal requirements
• To achieve targets to meet contractual/blueprint obligations
• Level 3 English
• Level 4 Teaching qualification (min)
• To deliver effective training sessions to groups
• Excellent communicator
• To persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
• To build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
• To work well under pressure
• To work to targets & deadlines
• Highly motivated
• Innovative & solution focused
• To remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
• Excellent organisation skills
• Competent in use of IT
• To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
• Of delivering GCSEs and achieving excellent outcomes
Start within 6 months
• Level 5 teaching qualification
The purpose of the role is to provide support to centres. The role will involve the post-holder spending one day at each of the centres, spending half a day delivering and half a day marking/mapping/supporting other Tutors. If required, Travel to one of these centres could be for several weeks and flexibility is required.
This role profile is intended to provide a guide to the main duties and responsibilities involved in the post at the date it was drawn up. It does not provide an exhaustive list and should be used in conjunction with the “duties and responsibilities” information for the role.
Juniper changes to meet demands of customers and stakeholders, therefore duties within job roles are also subject to change from time-to-time. This role profile will be regularly reviewed and updated, and staff are expected to employ a flexible approach to their work to adapt to these changes.
Changes made will be within the scope and grading of the post and are a common occurrence.
All staff are expected to;
• demonstrate and uphold Juniper's values at all times
• demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students
• conform to Juniper's health & safety policy, promoting a safe environment for all
• conform to Juniper's equality & diversity policy, championing/promoting improvements
• contribute to continual improvement
• be appropriately qualified
• attend and participate in training events/days to continually build CPD
The welfare of our students is paramount and the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check.
Please apply online to be considered for this vacancy.
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 22nd September 2017.
Apply for Peripatetic GCSE Tutor - English
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly