Lead Software Engineer - ASOS | Birmingham
- Flexible Hours
Lead Software Engineer (Birmingham)
Located in Birmingham our Tech team focuses on delivering the very best cutting edge Fintech solutions in the market to date. As our Lead Software Engineer, you are responsible for your team's design and technical delivery - and collectively, as a part of the Lead Software Engineer and Solution Architect peer group, the design and delivery of the ASOS platform.
What you'll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for the technical implementation of high quality, enterprise-grade software solutions based largely (but not exclusively) on the Microsoft Technology stack.
- Work closely with the Solution Architect to ensure that the designs are practical, workable and deliverable.
- Maintain a high level of clean, readable and scalable software code that is built with TDD & Agile in mind.
- Demonstrate your passion for engineering by promoting good engineering practices within your team, including any associated disciplines and functional areas, such as QA, Database Engineering, UI and ALM.
- Work with the Principal Engineers and other members of your peer group to ensure that software delivered by your team is built in a way which is technically consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collected learning's, tools, patterns and practices in place across the wider Engineering community.
Who we'd like:
You are a passionate and committed Software Engineer that proactively promotes best practice within your current organisation, whilst striving to better themselves across new development methodologies
- Commitment to deliver high quality well tested software and to lead those around you to do the same
- Proven experience of leading teams in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and high quality software systems
- Experience and understanding of Agile and XP practices
- Proven experience of working with business stakeholders, Product Owners and Business Analysts to analyse requirements, develop ideas and design solutions from inception to completion
- Proven experience of working with 3 rd party systems and organisations
- Proven Experience covering a range of technologies including .NET(C#) & ASP.NET (MVC, Web API)
- CI, Continuous Delivery, Build Automation, Nuget Package Management
- Web experience including: JS, HTML, CSS, JQuery and associated UI frameworks.
- Relational & non-relational Database experience (SQL, Mongo/NoSQL & RavenDB)
- Cloud technologies experience (ideally Azure)
Why work here:
- Generous Salary, bonus and pension matching
- Great development programs
- 25 days holiday + 1 day for your birthday
- Huge staff discount
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work
- And plenty more...
Technology at ASOS
ASOS is one of the UK's top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do. We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We're extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.