Administrative Assistant - Insurance
- Opening of new clients on databases.
- Opening cases on relevant systems.
- Assisting in the provision / maintenance of management information.
- Routine filing.
- To maintain the library and information sheets
- File closures
- Dealing with outgoing post.
- General administrative tasks including, photocopying and ensuring correct changes are applied, general maintenance as and when required.
Main function of job
Supporting the operational and administrative functioning of a Practice Group / Practice Area whilst learning and developing the key skills and experience required for a paralegal and/or secretarial support.
- Intermediate IT and keyboard skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
The Costs team is based within the Insurance practice group. Our Insurance practice group acts for some of the UK's largest insurers and claims organisations and is consistently ranked in the top tier by the Legal 500. Our Costs team specialise in the complex area of costs litigation and deal with cases involving commercial disputes, insolvency matters, personal injury matters, solicitor and client matters, and high value matters.
We are one of Europe's most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as one of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top two law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Sam Houghton .
Policies and procedures
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.