Assistant Property Acquisition Manager - Central 1
As an Assistant Property Acquisition Manager at HS2 you will will be responsible for assisting in: the land acquisition programme; efficient and effective operation of the compensation schemes; and in managing property acquired.
About the role:
- Leading the process for applications that fall under the statutory or DfT acquisition schemes and their submission to Commercial Committee, and process applications from inception to completion in an efficient and timely manner
- Assist in the negotiation of claims for compensation including market value, disturbance, loss payments and professional fees
- Participate as necessary in consultation events to explain aspects of the compensation schemes to members of the public, stakeholders or interested groups
- Provide support to senior members of the team as required on acquisitions that are out with the scope of the statutory and discretionary compensation schemes.
- Attend and participate in meetings and record minutes where necessary
- Where necessary, assist in the management of properties owned by DfT and or HS2
- Take ownership of all property and management related information that is developed or influenced by the scope of work undertaken and ensure complete and accurate data is recorded in the L&P property systems in an efficient and effective manner
- Assist as necessary in the preparation of Petition Response Documents and in compiling evidence for use in the Parliamentary process
- Prepare responses to questions or requests for information from Petitioners, Claimants, Stakeholders, and MPs in a timely manner ensuring exemplary standards of communication are maintained at all times
- Undertake research and obtain information from a variety of sources to assist in determining compensation claims and in responding to petitions or queries.
- Proven track record of supporting the acquisition process of a variety of properties
- Demonstrable ability to process all property related documentation in an efficient and effective manner
- Proven skill in communicating effectively with the wider internal property teams, ensuring a smooth flow of information
- Established knowledge of the HS2 compensation schemes and DfT acquisition schemes
- Recognised skill in developing public facing communications for property related matters.
- Proven capability in project management techniques
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.