Support Assistants (Relief and Weekends)
4 days left
- Part Time
POST TITLE: Weekend and Relief Support Assistants
HOURS OF DUTY:
- Sat & Sun on a rotating rota (8am-3pm / 3pm-10pm) (Falcon Centre)
- Sat 9-5 one week and 5-10 the other (Holly House)
- Sat 9-5 (Peregrine House)
- Relief as and when required (all Projects)
RATE OF PAY: £7.90 per hour
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Support
We provide accommodation on Licence and Tenancy Agreements. Our facilities consist of en-suite bedrooms shared houses & self-contained flats. We have a dedicated staff team, with a Support Worker assigned to each individual resident in order to provide regular high-quality person-centred support
The Falcon Centre, a part of Housing Matters is the hub of Falcon Support Services providing 30 en-suite rooms in catered accommodation on a Licence Agreement. We opened in April 2013 to provide supported accommodation to vulnerable people who are over 18 years of age, single homeless, with a local connection to Leicestershire.
Purpose of the job
- To provide high-quality accommodation, housing management and support to homeless people.
- To empower clients to make positive changes and informed choices in moving towards independent living.
- To work with clients on a mutually agreed support plan/programme to achieve positive outcomes.
- To work with Falcon Support Services staff team to provide a professional and beneficial service
- To work in partnership with other agencies to maximise service delivery
Duties and responsibilities
- To assist with the daily operations of The Falcon Centre ensuring services are delivered efficiently.
- To communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, staff, other organisations and members of the public using and/or working with our organisation.
- Where appropriate, to perform initial interview of clients seeking admission and ensure initial Risk Assessments and Need Assessments are completed and accurate.
- To appropriately liaise with and signpost to housing, other providers and other agencies and document partnership working activities
- To work within Falcon Support Services policies and procedures, as well as any local procedures or procedure relating to partnership agencies
- Carry out the practical tasks required of the job being continuously aware of any risks presented by the working environment and consistently acting in a way to minimise these risks
- Report concerns appropriately, such as adult and child safeguarding issues and substantial risk.
- As a member of the team, to engage with the management of the building, where necessary, including:
- controlling and recording access to and from the building
- following the booking in and welcoming procedures
- completing relevant monitoring for the service
- responding to telephone enquiries, correspondence and callers to the service
- taking action to address any immediate risk
- Where appropriate, to ensure that the terms of license agreements are adhered to and address any problems arising from this requirement.
- To work co-operatively with other members of the team, constructively contributing to team meetings, covering office duty and assisting with the smooth running of the service
- To show willingness to and does assist and cover for colleagues when they are absent
- Mentor and support students and/or volunteers in the service
- Where appropriate supervise service users at meal times
- To take responsibility for role related specific tasks/projects to ensure efficient service delivery as directed by the Support Staff, Duty Manager and Hostel Manager. Such tasks may include:
- Monitoring and responding to rent arrears
- Collection of weekly personal charge/service charge
- Assistance in applying for eligible benefits including Housing/Council Tax Benefits
- Encouraging, promoting and providing service user involvement in education, training and employment and volunteering
- Effectively implement support plans/Risk Assessments and Needs Assessments
- Administration Duties
- Additional projects as and when instructed by the Support Staff, Hostel Manager, Duty Manager.
- To ensure that all required documentation is completed and actioned for new clients moving into the project in particular housing benefit applications/risk assessments/ needs assessments
- To work with staff and clients to develop clients support plans. This will include liaising with outside agencies for the benefit of the client.
- To provide appropriate advice on current applications for homeless assistance, council accommodation and housing association accommodation.
- Maintain precise and accurate documentation in line with Falcon Support Services procedures, including client files and entries into the program databases/risk logs.
- To ensure that all support plan actions and risk assessments/risk management plans are completed and up to date, and then reviewed monthly at staff 1-2-1's.
- To be alert to the health and well being of all clients, reporting any concerns to the Hostel Manager, Duty Manager, Support Planner and/or appropriate agencies
- To ensure that routine inspection of the premises are carried out and to report any damages and/or repairs to the Support Staff, Hostel/Duty Manager.
- To effectively use IT systems and personal files to record and input information relevant to each individual client and to ensure this information is accurate and up to date.
- To complete and provide any documentation, reports, statistics and any other information required by Falcon Support Services and/or any other agency.
- To be responsible for the development, and implementation of procedures and codes of working practice to form part of a comprehensive quality approach to service delivery.
- To effectively work with a range of multi-disciplinary partners, support providers and funders in both the statutory and voluntary sector. For example Charnwood Borough Council, North West Leicestershire District Council; Melton Borough Council and other accommodation and support providers.
- To undertake any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary in order to meet the requirements of funders, partner agencies or any other such organisations.
To develop team spirit and co-operative working across all teams, internal and external.
To undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
To work shifts in accordance with the established rota.
To undertake/attend any training and/or meetings as required by the job role.
To promote a positive image of the Falcon Support Services and the service, working as part of an integrated team.
Ensure all aspects of the Group Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies are implemented effectively.
Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with the Financial Regulations of the charity.
Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will, therefore, require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a Criminal Records Bureau check.
To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the job holder.
Apply for Support Assistants (Relief and Weekends)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly