Payroll Services Manager
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and proactive payroll specialist to add value to a well-established Payroll Team. We're looking for a highly motivated individual to lead the operation for both UK and International payrolls for our market leading law firm. The post holder will also support the Head of HR Operations with strategic developments and innovation within payroll from a systems and process perspective.
The is a customer focused role which requires excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Manage the Payroll and Benefits systems in a timely manner and deliver to internal SLA's.
• Preparation of all company and associated companies payroll, to set tight deadlines.
• Reconciliation of all payroll transactions and costing working closely with our Finance Department.
• Liaison and compliance with HMRC regulatory requirements including timely returns, RTI filings, benefits processing etc.
• Preparation of P11D's and submission to the HMRC by set dates.
• Working closely with HR Business Partners to approve and process employee payments.
• Reporting, reconciliation and payment of 3rd party supplier payments.
• Work closely with HR function to ensure continuity of reporting and data transfer to Payroll.
• Engagement with IT department to implement new systems and processes.
• Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of business and project objectives.
• Assist with the day to day payroll and reporting activity when required.
• Deliver a legally compliant function with good governance, controls and reporting.
• Ensure the payroll sign off is completed with rigour.
• Deliver exceptional results to a high standard through continual review and challenge of third parties SLA's, whilst maintaining positive relationships.
• Working with the wider firm, third party providers and Eversheds Sutherland team to proactively analyse and evaluate payroll and systems processes and make recommendations that will add value.
• Work closely with the business to support the delivery of the firms corporate strategy.
Skills and experience:
• CIPP qualified with substantial experience gained as a Payroll Manager.
• Experience working for a large business with multiple payrolls and 2000 plus on the payroll.
• Experience of managing payroll's across EMEA but as a minimum a proven track record of UK and preferably one other significant International payroll.
• A sound knowledge of, and ability to apply payroll procedures and legislation.
• A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and the ability to use Excel and Word efficiently.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate to people at all levels
• Excellent people management skills
• Proven ability to manage third party contracts, highlighting areas of improvement, working with them to manage situations, issues, risks etc
• Ability to interrogate and build reports.
• Knowledge of HR systems.
• Ability to improve processes, procedures and implement them.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision in an autonomous and independent way, whilst remaining able to take instruction when necessary.
• Capable of working under tight deadlines in a fast paced, matrix environment.
• Ability to challenge constructively.
• Ability to research and analyse data and present findings to others.
• Strong analytical and process management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office and reporting tools.
• Knowledge of Pension Schemes is desirable
• You will be proactive in delivering a high quality service with a commitment to continuous improvement and responsive to change.
• Manage, develop and motivate the Payroll team to deliver service excellence.
• You should have substantial experience of operational payroll supervision and effective stakeholder management.
• Solid IT and reconciliation skills
• Excellent organisation skills along with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines.
• Build strong relationships across the firm and ensure that data held and reports produced support the firms requirements.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we're happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list. CVs from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list will not be considered.