Eversheds Sutherland is one of the world's largest corporate law firms. Committed locally, but connected globally, Eversheds Sutherland has offices based in the world's major economic centres, and a proven track record of delivering consistently high quality legal services across jurisdictions.
This internal role supports the Company Commercial professional support lawyer (PSL) team. The PSL team provides support to our legal advisers on all legal and technical aspects of their job. The PSLs work across all the product groups with Company Commercial, for example Corporate, Banking and Tax. The team provides extensive training via varying methods including face to face, e-learning and webinar. It also provides knowledge updates and precedents and supports the gathering and sharing of internal knowhow.
The Legal Assistant will report into the Head of Professional Support and work with the national team of CCPG PSLs supporting them in delivering technically excellent precedents, timely awareness alerts, engaging and informative training programmes and harnessing our internal knowledge. All to ensure the team drives the efficiencies of the CCPG fee earners to who the PSL support is given.
The main elements of the role will include:
• Management of training programmes, particularly the flagship CCPG Diploma (UK and Middle East)
• Organising our client awareness offering internally and working with us to externalise it for clients
• Managing the CCPG training budget with the Head of Professional Support
• Working with the PSL team to update precedents and managing the precedent update process
• Collating and uploading legal know-how onto Everpedia (our legal know-how database)
• Updating Insite pages.
• Supporting the UK PSL team (10 PSls, based in 5 offices)
• Managing the support provided to the PSL team
• Engagement with the IT team to ensure we utilise the most up to date systems and devising and implementing new administrative processes for the PSL team
• Project work
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:
• High level of IT literacy and ability to pick up new technical systems quickly and be able to troubleshoot problems
• Enjoys working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Confidence to advise users in accordance with governance /best practice/ways of working.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, in an autonomous and independent way
• Motivated and challenged by the pace and demands of a corporate environment
• Have a flexible approach to work and a commitment to delivering high quality customer service.
• A range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the organization
• A willingness to keep up to date with advances in technology and social media
• Experience of using SharePoint or other intranet platforms
• Experience of organising training eg by webinar or screen sharing
• A strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Able to manage their time effectively
• Able to work accurately with attention to detail
• A lively, energetic personality with a can-do mentality
• A tenacious yet practical approach to problem solving
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm's commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.