Security Processor - Collateral - Fixed Term Contract (Birmingham)
Job Title: Security Processor
Job Location: Birmingham
Fixed Term Contract til December 31 st December
Barclays Corporate and International
Barclays Corporate and International provide integrated corporate banking solutions to large local corporates, financial institutions, non-banking financial institutions and global corporation.
About Corporate Lending Operations
- Lending Operations is part of Corporate Banking Operations and is made up of; Credit Analysis ,Fulfilment, Collateral Management, Debt Service , Monitoring & Control and Account Servicing.
- Credit Analysis - Responsible for completing analysis of lending propositions and submitting credit reports through RD to sanctioner for lending approval.
- Fulfilment - dedicated to completing all aspects of post sanction fulfilment for all Debt Finance and working capital transactions
- Debt Service - manage the ongoing servicing throughout the Debt Product life cycle.
- Collateral - manage the creation of new security documentation (Collateral) through to the perfection of security to ensure Barclays lending is secure. Including the remainder of the Collateral journey, maintenance and release of the security held.
- Monitoring & Control - monitor financial performance against pre agreed financial covenants identifying deteriorating trends and early warning signs.
- Account Servicing - service a variety of different work streams from audit letters to mandate change and additional account opening.
About Collateral Operations
The Collateral Team manage two customer journeys for both Business Bank and Corporate Lending.
- The creation of new security documentation (Collateral) through to the perfection of security to ensure Barclays lending is secure
- The remainder of the Collateral journey including maintenance and release of the security held on Barclays Business Bank and Corporate Lending.
- Collateral consists of team over four locations in Birmingham Snowhill, BSS Noida and Chennai and Intelenet (IGS) in Chennai
Overall Purpose of Role
- The role holder will process, register, and maintain, release & quality check as required standard and complex new & release security for Corporate and Business Banking submissions for businesses facilities with high turnover and value. The processing includes analysis of complex legal documentation for the protection of multiple simultaneous Corporate and Business Bank lending deals including charge releases for complex securities.
- Security processors need to follow procedures to high level of accuracy, efficiency and compliance using automated and/or manual systems and equipment.
- The role holder will evaluate lending sanctions and provide support to customers in commencing and/or completing charges, or discharges of security, relating to standard and complex high value cases.
- The role holder will provide, consistent and continual assistance through spoken and written communication with client and solicitors to enable achievement of providing a World Class Service.
- The role holder will support continuous improvement of the operational process and the development of best practice. Complete work within agreed Service Level Agreements
- The role holder will be the source of expertise and point of reference for colleagues, coaching and supporting on the job skill skills transfer.
Risk & Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Previous experience within the Financial Services Sector
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing/conflicting priorities
- Excellent PC and Communication Skills
- Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and clients (including the Data Protection Act, Consumer credit, Companies Act, Insolvency Act, Financial Services Act, Money Laundering, KYC and confidentiality regulations, Sarbanes Oxley and Basel) & a good knowledge of all other relevant compliance
- Preferred - Detailed knowledge of the Banks requirements for documentation re and complex collateral cases and good knowledge of all the systems within Operations