Streamlining Data Lead
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
The Streamlining Data Lead role is based within Retail Banking and Wealth Management
(RBWM) Chief Operating Officer (COO) team to support our streamlining agenda from a data perspective.
The role holder is responsible for the identification, provision and analysis of business data in support of European Streamlining interventions throughout the intervention lifecycle, including: scoping, base lining, test, embedment and change confirmation (PIR).
The role holder will need to interpret hugely varied data presented in multiple formats and from multiple systems and then present this data to Intervention and Streamlining leads to establish the viability and effectiveness of Streamlining interventions and activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting scoping on Streamlining Opportunities arising from the idea management / operating rhythm escalation platforms.
- Pulling upon comprehensive knowledge of bank data systems and sources and select the most appropriate data-source.
- Expertly analysing and providing meaningful insight of all data across the European Streamlining portfolio.
- Driving action and challenge with Senior Managers across RBWM from the analysis created by the team.
- Principal customers include the Streamlining and Continuous Improvement teams within RBWM.
- Preparing data provision and analysis for Intervention / Business Leads and senior management and adapting to suit.
- Stakeholder management required across brands and channels covered by the European Streamlining Portfolio.
- Providing analytical counsel to Intervention Leads regarding the progress and success of interventions at each stage of the intervention lifecycle.
- Leading the team on matters that are data / analytics related, providing sound counsel and data solutions relevant to their needs.
- Being proactive and anticipate the data needs of Intervention / Business Leads through regular meetings / discussion.
- Through robust analytics and stakeholder management, engaging appropriate intervention leads and business areas to own delivery of analytical recommendations.
- Building long-term relationships with all stakeholders and influence and leverage the matrix organisation to achieve Streamlining objectives.
- Eliminating 'non value adding' activities, and focus on business priorities
- Ensuring full adherence to group, legal and regulatory requirements
- Evaluating relevant data to help deliver HSBC group strategy and to improve RBWM business performance.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Self-Starting.
- Problem definition and solving.
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. Excel - advanced.
- Microsoft Access - intermediate.
- SAS/ SQL - advantageous.
- A full, valid driver's license.
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same.
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of sharing information effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes.
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results.
- Supported project teams/managers, showing an understanding of the basic principles of project management.
- The ability to understand and interpret straightforward financial data.
The base location for this role is 120 Edmund Street, Birmingham.
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Key search words: Data Analyst, Streamlining, RBWM