Platform Engineer | Birmingham | ASOS Careers
You will be part of a team of Platform Engineers responsible for rolling out and supporting the next leg of the ASOS journey to Continuous Deployment. This role will require you to actively work with and support a platform teams in carrying out tasks to help teams get changes to live smoothly and quickly but more importantly, to educate and improve their skills so that the team becomes more DevOps.
What you'll be doing:
- To 'own' all environments required by your teams (pre-live) and ensure that these continue to meet the needs of the team
- To support the set up all team environments, source structures etc. during project start up
- To ensure that the teams design for deployment
- To work with Principle Engineer and Lead Engineer on the adoption of new technologies in to the estate, ensuring that these are shared with other areas and that they align with ASOS standards etc.
- To ensure that any work applied to your teams is shared across peers to build up best practice
- To support the team in identifying issues with code / deliverables
- Orchestrating the end to end deployment process - ensuring that teams have considered all aspects of go live, including Day + 1 (the need for your code to not only work in live but in all other ASOS environments once it is deployed)
- Approving code deployment to 'restricted' environments for the team
- Act as governance / competency for the team - ensuring they are adhering to standards but more importantly, actively driving your skill in to the teams through such techniques as pairing, brown bag sessions and retrospectives
- To champion and drive through alerting and monitoring requirements for the platform
- To support your peers and contribute to the DevOps community
Who we'd like:
This is a key role in supporting the technical change that we are making and will require you to be an integral part of the development teams that you are working with. You should always be looking to improve your area, never settling for the status quo.
- Strong Infrastructure background
- Strong Windows based skill set
- Good understanding of configuration systems - preferred are Chef / DSC
- Good scripting skills e.g. Powershell
- Good understanding of database
- Strong experience of automated deployment tools e.g. Octopus Deploy
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration technologies and approach e.g. TFS, TeamCity
- Good level of cloud awareness e.g. vCloud / Azure
- Good understanding of Source Control systems e.g. Git, TFS
- Agile/Scrum working experience
Why work here:
- Generous Salary, bonus and pension matching
- Great development programs
- 25 days holiday + 1 day for your birthday
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work
- And plenty more...
Technology at ASOS
ASOS is one of the UK's top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do. We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed 20-something market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions, which are crucial to our continued success. We're extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.