HR Service Delivery Manager
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
The role of HR Service Delivery Manager is critical to this fast-paced professional services, Global organisation. People related queries are a priority and continuous improvement and change projects are key to ensuring optimum HR service levels are delivered within a challenging and ever-changing work environment. With direct responsibility for an on shore team and indirect responsibility for an off shore team there is a requirement for quality of response to HR policy and process queries. You will provide effective leadership of people and management of robust centralised processes which will have a direct impact on the reputation and productivity of an important HR function. Working closely with a team of HR Management peers, you will be given the opportunity to put your ideas on the table, support business wide projects and share best practice within an established HR function.
• Take responsibility for high levels of service delivery, in line with agreed measures. Effectively manage performance and day-to-day operations and identify opportunities for continuous improvements.
• Work with the wider HR community, including the HR Operations Managers to develop effective strategies and working practices that maximise effectiveness of the group.
• Lead, motivate and develop a team of 8 administrators to ensure that training and development needs are understood, met and succession plans are in place in particular for those areas that have limited subject matter expertise.
• Pro-actively promote the HR Operations to the business, building and maintaining stakeholder relationships at all levels.
• Regularly undertake wider project work relating to HR and business change.
• Manage the day to day performance and service delivery of the HR Helpdesk providing a customer-focused query handling service to all Line Managers and employees.
• Manage the HR administration transactions in a timely manner and deliver to internal SLA's.
• Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of business and project objectives.
• Actively managing a team of administrators to ensure accurate and timely delivery of objectives and project deliverables to the business.
• Proactively manage the recruitment and onboarding process so that it is considered a highly efficient and quality-focused service, with a client-focused outlook and appropriate service level agreements.
• Working with the wider firm, our outsourced providers and Eversheds teams to refine existing approaches to process delivery.
• Delivering best in class administrative services through the management, development and motivation of an administrative team.
• Delivering the 'Right First Time' approach in tandem with our key outsourced provider and taking actions where necessary.
• Ensure the FAQ's, local working instructions etc. are regularly maintained.
• Work with the wider HR team to monitor and maintain the firm's HR policies.
• Implement and embed new systems and processes where required.
Skills and experience:
• Proven track record of managing teams within a centralised HR function or a Shared Service Centre.
• Demonstrable success in developing and implementing effective working processes and strategies to include effective leadership and development of teams.
• Proactive and 'can do' attitude to tackling challenges head on and improving working relationships.
• Experienced in working as part of a management team.
• Ability to effectively manage projects and contribute to the success of business-wide change initiatives.
• Strong IT skills.
• CIPD qualification with knowledge of Employment Law is highly advantageous however not necessarily essential if strengths can be demonstrated in all other areas.
• Strong stakeholder management is essential, experience gained within a professional services environment is desirable.
• A critical part of this role will be managing relationships both internally within Eversheds and our third party providers.
• You will be required to demonstrate the ability to challenge constructively, whilst possessing resilience and tenacity.
• You will be confident reviewing and continually improving processes and procedures and implementing them.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision in an autonomous and independent way, whilst remaining able to take instruction when necessary.
• Capable of working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, matrix environment.
• Good analytical and process management skills.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good project management skills.
• Solution oriented and creative approach to work - while maintaining necessary levels of risk awareness.
• Practical can-do attitude.
• Ability to manage own and others' time effectively, work independently, and take accountability for actions while still maintaining a collaborative team environment.
• The ability to work as part of a team within a very busy environment which has strict deadlines.
• Client and relationship-focused, possessing a range of influencing, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure credibility with the business, and HR colleagues.
• High standards of integrity and ethics, ability to maintain professional standards.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we're happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list. CVs from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list will not be considered.