Customer Service / IT Support Technician
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Service / IT Support Technician who has excellent customer service skills, to join our clients' business based in Sutton Coldfield for a 12 months fixed-term contract.
Our client are market leaders in the provision of end-to-end, cloud based, Remote Workforce monitoring, scheduling and financial management solutions. They currently provide software solutions and related services to more than 70 Government agencies and over 1000 private and third sector companies.
Purpose of Job
You will be working within the Support Department and remotely as a Customer Service / IT Support Technician. The successful candidate will provide high quality first point of contact customer support for end users of our clients' bespoke software.
As Customer Service / IT Support Technician your daily duties will be to:
• Provide 1st line contact technical support to customers and third party contractors
• Offer an excellent customer service experience
• Maintain high standards of customer service via email, telephone and live chat
• Record detailed and accurate notes within the internal ticketing system
• Categorise, prioritise and investigate issues - escalating only when required
• Provide administrative support where required
• Tracking of calls and keeping customers informed of the status of their queries
• Shadow customer sessions for customer one-to-one training
• Respond quickly and professionally to all queries and issues
The successful candidate for the role of Customer Service / IT Support Technician must possess excellent customer service ability with either a proven software support background or experience of working within a busy call centre environment, and have the following skills and attributes:
• The ability to trouble shoot, think laterally and question the situation before escalating the issue
• Passion for providing a top quality service to customers, building rapport and trust
• Able to work in a pressured environment, dealing with potentially difficult customers in a professional manner
• Able to take on and retain large amounts of new information including bespoke software
• Able to juggle many tasks and a high workload adhering to customer service level agreements whilst maintaining attention to detail
• A team player with a flexible working style - able to be dynamic and deal with changing priorities within a large team
• Driven and able to use own initiative within a team that is not micro-managed
• Excellent written and verbal communicator, able to explain technical issues in a clear and concise manner to non-technically minded clients
Hours of Work
Contracted working hours are 40 hours per week including weekend day and weekday evening shifts. Evening and weekend shifts will be worked from home location after successful completion of a 6 weeks training programme.
Salary & Benefits
For the role of Customer Service / IT Support Technician there is a salary on offer of £18,000 which increases to £19,000 after completion of a successful probationary period. Benefits include:
• Pension Plan
• Health cash plan
• 22 days' holiday initially, rising to 25 days after the required length of service
• Travel to work scheme - claim 50% back on seasonal train or bus tickets for your travel to and from work
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Death in service plan - 4 x annual basic salary
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Birthday Payment
• Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme
Please note: If you are successful in gaining employment with our client you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Support, helpdesk, technology, IT technician, customer service,