Accountant role within a specialised pest control company based in Kings Norton which offers a wide range of services to mainly the commercial sector. The Company has seen rapid growth over the years with expansion into Garden, Hygiene, Bird Control and Property Clearance. This expansion has been driven mainly due to customer demand.
Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The right candidate for this role will be able to hit the ground running. They will have at least one year's accounting experience and a strong admin back ground.
- Previous experience in using Sage and Moneysoft
- AAT Qualified
- Ability to organise own workload whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy and meeting set deadlines.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- A professional approach when dealing with customers.
- Be proactive.
- Have a positive work ethic and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to shut off from office distractions.
- A good sense of humour required
- Car Owner due to location
- Preparing financial statements and accounts
- Analysing the company's financial performance
- Forecasting and planning future spending and profits
- Recommending ways to reduce costs and increase profits
- Company's payroll, and bookkeeping systems
- Working together with Credit Controller to reduce debt
- Processing and paying invoices
- Recording receipts and payments
- Preparing and checking ledger balances and other monthly accounts
- Completing and submitting vat returns, tax and national insurance contributions
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you have not heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We may close this advert early should we get sufficient volume of quality candidates, so please do not delay sending in your application.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Closing Date: 8 September 2017