- Flexible Hours
A well-established supplier of fast fashion, trend driven knitwear is recruiting for an experienced Garment/Knitwear Technologist. Part of a busy technical team, you will be working with a variety of womens and menswear retailers, to provide innovation, the best service and quality possible.
Knitwear Technologist - The Role
- To take ownership of knitwear styles from the design team once the garment has been sold.
- Responsible for approval of garments and advising on all aspects on fit, construction and quality related issues.
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for issue to factories.
- Ensuring samples are developed from initial stage to finished production sample are commercially viable, checked and approved according to customer requirement.
- Attending fit sessions as required, relaying fit comments and amendments to factories.
- Staying up to date with innovations and developments in knitwear production, working with factories to develop styles.
- Working closely within internal design, sampling, sales and merchandising teams, and to develop strong working relationships with customers' own technical teams.
Knitwear Technologist - The Candidate
- Previous experience in garment technology with a background in knitwear.
- Excellent understanding of the manufacturing processes and garment construction.
- Great team player but equally able to work on own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for product.
- Strong and effective communication skills and ability to build positive relationships with customers, suppliers and team members.
- Experience of dealing with offshore factories/suppliers. Able to travel to develop relationships, develop new product and troubleshoot.
- Confident Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel, UK and offshore
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.