Business Development Manager / Senior Sales Executive - Coffee
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Nationwide field based with access to South West London head office approx. twice a month.
Salary: Competitive salary to attract serious talent + bonus + full benefits
Working Hours: 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Celebrating 30 years, the company is a leading player in the hot beverages market with an extremely successful and well-funded product portfolio, supported by an efficient management team.
This is an exciting role suited to a highly motivated, talented commercial individual with the potential to develop beyond the confines of an account manager. A candidate who can lead their drive into convenience retail and also can help take the company's brand to the next level by developing a major national account customer. The successful candidate will be their eyes, ears and feet on the ground in one the most important growth areas to the business.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Leading the company's drive into convenience retail by growing store listed numbers. This would involve working with existing customers (Nisa Retail, Cooperative group, etc) and targeting new customer groups (Booker/Londis/Budgens/Costcutter/Spar etc) to grow the company's presence within their store portfolio.
Specifics would be:
- Head office presentations and JBP negotiations.
- Regional store planning and visits.
- Implementation of pull through activity in support of promotions.
- Planning/implementing/running our instore grinder campaign.
- Running trade shows in support of this business sector.
Developing a major national account customer - (actual account will be decided once experience, geography etc has been taken into account). With recent wins in retailers we are keen to build on momentum and take the brand to the next level. The work involved in this would:
- Include all aspects of national account management but also the ability to challenge the norm.
- Detail is key here and candidates must have an eye for numbers, being able to react quickly to opportunities and manoeuvre the brand in the best possible position.
- Networking across the customer is key - from buyer, to senior buyer, to environmental management, supply chain and beyond.
- Support other members of the sales team on initiatives as and when required.
- Involvement with brand marketing campaigns.
- Occasionally helping run trade/consumer shows around the UK.
- Involvement in the NPD process for the respective trade channel - aiding developments of products to fit within identified gaps in the market.
- Be proactive, responsible and involved with the forecasting function to ensure they keep customers in stock all of the time - especially through promotional periods.
- Report weekly on activity and be in regular contact with Head Office. It is expected to be involved in monthly update meetings based at H/O or to dial in.
Key Skills and Experience:
- University graduate with a good degree.
- Proven sales experience and track record of success and achievement.
- Market knowledge and background in FMCG favourable - and/or a background in cash & carry/wholesale.
- Literate and a good grasp of power point, excel etc.
- Knowledge and genuine passion for coffee would be advantageous.
- Likes working with planned route lists and creating them.
- Prepared to travel within the UK and to spend 2 nights per week plus, away.
- Shows entrepreneurial tendencies.
- Proactive, driven, enthusiastic, hands on.
- A strong communicator who can adapt to different situations and be comfortable with all types of people.
- Relationship builder.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A real problem solver, working in a fast environment.
- Good work/life balance.
- Wants to make a difference; hungry to prove yourself.
- Clean driving licence.
Please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Please be aware that, since relocation packages and sponsorship will not be provided for this role, only candidates eligible to live and work in the UK will be accepted.
Candidates with experience of; Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, Sales Account Manager, Sales Executive, FMCG Business Development, Sales Assistant, Business Development Manager, Field Sales, Key Sales Executive, Field Sales Executive, FMCG Sales, Business Development, Telesales, Telesales Executive, Sales, Sales Manager, Direct Sales, Key Sales, Business Developer, Business Plan, Business Development, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Sales, Sales Manager will also be considered for this role.