Mining Information Manager
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Mining Information Manager to join their team based in Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary of £30,283 - £42,160 per annum.
Are you looking to manage your own projects and take the next step in your minerals management career?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding organisation delivering expert advice.
As our Mining Information Manager you will manage the maintenance, provision, accuracy and completeness of mining and mineral information but also extending to the management of environmental, operational and other information datasets across the Authority.
Responsibilities of our Mining Information Manager
- To implement the strategy, policy and procedures to provide accurate, complete and timely information services to all the Authorities operational departments, customers and stakeholders.
- Provide a professional point of contact for and on behalf of the Authority in relation to these activities.
- To ensure information and data across all business areas is fit for operational use and re-use as required for both internal consumption and commercial exploitation.
- To ensure all information is adequately protected in regards to copyright, database rights, intellectual property rights as well as licence or other contractual relationships.
- To deal effectively with customer technical support and problem management, including the provision of specifications and other data required by customers to make use of the information provided.
- Ensure that the business information needs are provided and developed to maximise business benefits and to support the research and development needs of the organisation
- Ensure that information assets across the organisation are catalogued and managed appropriately to maximise their intellectual property rights and value as directed by the line manager.
- To support the development of a commercial and non-commercial provision of information and services.
- To influence all strategy and decision making for the department with the Principal Manager - Information Management in the development and enforcement of information standards, policies and the development of products and services.
- To provide expert technical support for internal and external customers and to provide the technical input to the day to day management of the coal mining records archive including new deposits and the cataloguing of new abandonment plans.
- To provide the information technical support of any developments of ICT systems which underpin the management and provision of information for its re-use.
Qualifications and skills required to become our Mining Information Manager
- Experience of using information in a GIS application; IT systems development and testing
- Experience of working with customers and the general public
- A degree qualification or equivalent or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in mining, minerals or geotechnical engineering or information management
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
Closing date: 25th August 2017
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Mining Information Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!