Accounts Administrator - Freight Forwarding, Birmingham
5 days left
- Flexible Hours
A highly regarded UK owned International Freight Forwarder offering a number of specialist import and export services via air, sea and road is recruiting for an Accounts Administrator to be based within the accounts dept. at the UK HQ in Birmingham.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Passing Purchase Invoice for payment.
- Daily banking & logging of funds received and applying funds to relevant accounts.
- Reconciling supplier's statements.
- Rejection of supplier invoices as required.
- Preparing and paying purchase invoices for payment on open accounts or BACS.
- Raising auto cheques for CAD Payments etc.
- Opening of new suppliers and traders.
- Maintaining all relevant and applicable sales & purchases ledgers & cash books.
- Maintaining month end sales, purchases and cashbooks.
- Checking and processing of bulk invoices as required
- Maintaining high risk schedule.
- Transfer of funds between different divisions of the company and any related internal invoicing.
Skill & Experience Required to be Considered;
- An understanding of freight forwarding/operations.
- Experience in the adoption and practice of specific company financial policies and procedures.
- Good problem solving skills to enable prompt resolutions of queries or complaints.
- Knowledge and utilisation of 'Companies House' including downloading of accounts and credit facility checks ie ICC reports.
- Experience of looking after company vehicles (vehicle tax, insurance, repairs, MOT's etc).
- A clear understanding of making payments in different currencies including US Dollars/GB Pounds Sterling/Euros.
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
- The capacity to work in a high pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
- The ability to interact with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers.
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- A positive attitude and good problem solving skills and to apply lessons learned.
- The drive to succeed and want to make a contribution to the business.
- Be able to travel at short notice when required.
A competitive salary package that will allow for progress and development within the role.
For full details, please contact Craig at Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.