3 days left
- Flexible Hours
Are you a an excellent PHP Developer with great WordPress knowledge and an engaging personality, who wants to work with a growing development team on great projects, while also getting to know your clients face to face, yes? Then have a read below???
Established in 2005, this fantastic, rapidly growing, creative agency, located in thriving central Birmingham, provides a lovely working environment where you will be putting your skills to use alongside a super talented group of people on big projects for some great clients.
The business focusses almost entirely on producing digital solutions to its clients and prides itself on the quality of, not only the work, but the overall service they give to their clients. They are truly an agency that walk the walk when it comes to the service they provide to their clients, and having experienced fantastic growth in the last twelve months, they are looking to keep that momentum going over the next year by growing their team even further.
This role would be ideal for an experienced PHP Developer with a solid history of stakeholder interaction who wants to ride the wave of a growing company and really flex their development knowledge and skills to deliver excellent results; only the best will do here.
As an experienced Developer, you will work on complex projects often requiring bespoke development work to solve business and project challenges. The role sits within a growing development team of 4 and you will have a senior role within that team driving innovation and ideas. You will assist the design team and digital marketing team to lead projects.
This position creates the opportunity for you to be creative in approach whilst also solving complex business challenges across projects.
You will be confident in your ability and think creatively to solve problems with efficiently written code along with an enthusiasm for challenge, change and innovation.
You will be supremely confident in your ability and quality of work, and might be ready for your first more senior role where you can influence the team you work with and really drive standards. You will need to be collaborative, driven and an excellent communicator, and at home with both the practical development of websites and applications as well as meeting with clients and dissecting their briefs.
- Understanding of and experience with OOP & development best practices
- Excellent PHP skills, with experience of both 5.x and 7
- Thorough understanding of WordPress, WooCommerce & MySQL
- Automated PHP testing (preferably PHPUnit & within WordPress)
- Proven experience implementing high-traffic, complex WordPress sites with a comprehensive understanding of security and performance best practices
- Ability to delve into and understand new platforms and emerging technologies
- Discover creative solutions to problems, using the most effective means
- A desire to learn and master new skills and technologies
- Experience using GIT (Git Flow experience also beneficial)
- Strong desire to automate where possible and good attitude towards all-round efficiency
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and complete tasks
Get in touch!
If the PHP Developer role sounds like something you would like to know more about - whether you are already a more senior Developer, or a talented individual looking to make that next big step - I would love to talk to you. Send over your CV, portfolio site or examples and we can have a chat; this is one you don't want to miss out on.