Garment Technologist / Product Developer
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Junior Garment Technologist / Product Developer to join a product development focussed team. This opportunity is based on the border of West and East Midlands.
To technically develop all products in line with design requirements and quality standards driven by the client, design and business.
Garment Technologist / Product Developer - The Role
This position will report to the Product Development Manager, within a busy technical team. You will be working across a variety of multi product garments: (womens and mens) woven, knit and jersey, structured and soft separates.
- To ensure each customer's range is fit for purpose, practical, comfortable, durable and meets company standards
- To improve and support innovative technical solutions to improve product quality, cost and speed of delivery
- To work in line with the standard operating manuals and processes to ensure consistency of approach within the product development team
- Responsible for creating detailed technical specifications and size charts. Measuring garments and fitting, sealing samples with customers and factories/suppliers.
- Communicate all technical information directly to the factory
- Accountable for maintaining and managing the critical path.
- To request sample length fabrics and co-ordinate the comments/approvals process. Ensuring fabrics and trims are developed and fit for purpose. Maintain department records for lab dye approvals, colour continuity approvals, in-house performance and wash trials.
- To request fabric testing with lab or supplier and review the test report, ensure the fabric performance meets the company standard.
Garment Technologist / Product Developer - The Person Specification
- A minimum of 1-3years experience within a similar garment technologist/technical position or product developer role.
- Self-motivated and performance driven.
- Confident communication skills, the ability to effectively liaise with suppliers and manufacturers
- Good technical knowledge of garment construction and garment fitting
- Managing comments / approvals process for garments, fabrics and trims and feed back to supply chain.
- Previous fabric technical knowledge ideal for requesting lab dips and trims, working with mills/suppliers to request sampling/testing results.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the critical path deadlines
- Ability to manage own workload and be a team player.
- Highly competent IT skills
- Able to travel as required, dependent on experience level
Trainee Garment Technologist / Product Developer - The Company
Our client is a leader in the design and supply of multi product garments and apparel with a growing portfolio of customers.
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.