Production Engineer - GBP28,000-32,000
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production engineer for a Manufacturing client based in the Clay Cross area.
My client is a well-established Manufacturing company who are the number one in their field. They are looking for an enthusiastic Production engineer, to work within a creative team to ensure communication between all departments, solving quality and manufacturing problems whilst maintaining and improving efficiency of the business.
Duties and Key responsibilities
Controlling the manufacturing method of a product is fundamental in ensuring all safety, environmental, quality and specific customer requirements have been addressed and adhered to. It is also vital to ensure costs are identified and controlled in order to recover investment and maintain profitability.
Process Design is the responsibility of the Engineering Department, and is a key function of a Production Engineer. Successful process design requires a clear, methodical and multi-functional approach, with input from key stakeholders, led by a Production Engineer. This role allows the individual to add value by managing a project from concept design through to mass production readiness, and finally, passing it over to the Production department.
Skills & Qualifications
At least 5 years' experience within a high-volume mass production environment in a Production Engineering role
- Qualified engineer (HND or above)
- Experienced in problem solving methodology e.g. 8D, Ishikawa, 5Whys.
- Experienced in utilizing quality tools e.g. FMEA, SPC, Capability studies
- Understanding of engineering change process
- Experienced in the application of Lean manufacturing techniques e.g. Pull system, Just-in-time, waste elimination
- Engineering knowledge on manufacturing/ assembly processes such as joining techniques, stamping process, copper pipe production, machining etc.
- Project management skills - Microsoft Project knowledge is preferred.
- TTM (Time to Market/ New Product Introductions) Knowledge
Benefits / Salary
- GBP28,000 - 32,000 - experience based
- Generous holiday allowance
If you feel you would be a successful Production engineer in the Clay cross area with the above skills please apply below
Premier are acting as an employment agency